Chapter 2: The Ego-Self
You Have Chosen to Remember: A Journey of Self-Awareness, Peace of Mind and Joy by James Blanchard Cisneros.
To summarize how the ego operates in us, remember the following points, which are further explained in the section that follows:
- Advises us to judge that which is different from our belief systems.
- Advises us to blame something or someone outside of ourselves for the way we feel.
- Advises us to separate from the one or ones who we perceived made us feel this way.
- Convinces us to judge ourselves for the way we reacted; its goal is for us to feel disheartened by the way we reacted to our brother or sister.
- Advises us to carry this judgment within ourselves for as long as possible.
- Advises that we keep our power by not forgiving our brother or sister.
- Gives us false power if we, against its advice, forgive a brother or sister. It congratulates us and tries to convince us that we are being the “bigger” and “better” person by forgiving. Again, even in forgiveness the ego tries to separate us from our brother or sister.
This material can be found in the book - You Have Chosen to Remember: A Journey of Self-Awareness, Peace of Mind and Joy.
If you enjoyed this, you'll really enjoy the book which is filled with inspiration and effective strategies for letting go of anger, forgiving, and embodying peace of mind and happiness.
Click here to purchase the book.